12.28.2012

matcha almond white chocolate muffins

Matcha. I love matcha. I love matcha tea and matcha latte. I love matcha cream puffs from Sakura Cakes. I love matcha mochi from Shuei-Do Manju shop. I love the matcha langues de chats and the matcha gaufrettes my husband buys during business trips in Japan. Oh, ... and I'm totally addicted to matcha ice cream.
+ Almonds. I love almonds. [Especially toasted]. I love almond milk. [Especially homemade].
+ White chocolate. I love white chocolate. [Especially combined with matcha]. [Especially combined with matcha and almonds]
+ Muffins. I love muffins. Every kind. Savory. Sweet. [But especially sweet!]. 


matcha almond white chocolate muffins



128g / 4.5 oz / 1 cup All Purpose flour
50g / 1.7 oz  /  1/2 cup almond meal
110g / 3.9 oz /1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
28 g / 1 oz / 1/4 stick of butter , melted
125 g / 4.4 oz / 1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp matcha powder
1  tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
85g / 3 oz / 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
70g /  2.5 oz /1 cup sliced almonds

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Line 12 muffin pan cups with paper liners or lightly butter and flour it.
3. Melt the cubed butter in a saucepan over low heat or into a microwave. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, almond meal, sliced almonds, sugar, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
5. In a medium bowl  mix the wet ingredients : almond milk with matcha, then add vanilla extract, melted butter and finally the lightly beaten egg.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just enough to combine. Be careful to not over mix.
7. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
8. Scrape sides of bowl  an divide the batter between the 12 cups. (they will be 3/4th  full). Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
9. Bake 20 – 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
11. Remove muffins from pan, and let cool completely.

No comments: