2.23.2010

Lentils/Kabocha Soup + Fennel/Parmesan Salad

In winter I would only eat soups and salads (besides desserts!). I'm always looking for new recipes. This one was published a few days ago by Heidi Swanson. I made the exact same soup except that I didn't put the fennel in it since Alberto is not a big fan... Instead, I served the fennel on the side together with the salad and some parmesan cheese. Yesterday night I prepared the soup and baked the fennel (*) so that everything was ready for my lunch today. What I love about the lentils/kabocha soup is the combination of the two ingredients and its ginger/anise flavor. Another great and more traditional lentils soup here (in French).

* (cut in slices and sprinkled with soy sauce and sesame oil in a preheated oven at +/- 375 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes)

No comments: