Plenty of Meyer lemons in my backyard. An irresistible envy of sweet. No time to make crust for my usual "tarte au citron meringuee" though. So I came up with the idea of these "verrines" filled with Meyer lemon curd (the one from the tart - without butter) and topped with a (storebought) meringue. Life is so simple! And so sweet!
Meyer Lemon Curd Verrines
(serves 4 to 6)
4 Meyer lemons
110 gr cane sugar
1 tbs cornstarch (diluted in a little water)
1. Wash the lemons. Remove the zest of 2 lemons. Then squeeze them all.
2. Put the juice with the zest in a small saucepan, then add the sugar and cornstarch, and heat over low heat.
3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the beaten eggs over the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and zest.
5. Set over high heat and continue stirring with a whisk. The mixture will start to thicken.
6. Fill in the glasses and refrigerate for a couple of hours.