It has been a while since I have wanted to make my own yogurt. At first I looked at the various kinds of yogurt makers. I wasn't sure... It was not a good sign. Then I've learned that you can make it without a yogurt maker. Again I wasn't sure... Finally a friend of mine made it. Without a yogurt maker, I mean. She made me taste it: it was damn good. And here I am making my own yogurt too. I can't believe it!
- a starter: 2 tbs yogurt (my friend gave me hers, but I guess you can use any kind of plain yogurt you like - the less ingredients the better)
1. Heat the milk until it boils (stop as soon as you see the foam coming in)
2. Let cool down until it reaches the body temperature
3. In a separate bowl, blend the starter slowly to a smooth consistency
4. Add the milk slowly while mixing
5. Pour into glass containers
6. Put them for a few hours in the microwave until the desired consistency (between 4 and 5 hours in my case)
NB: My first batches were way too liquid. So don't give up after the first unsuccessful attempt.