3.23.2011

strawberries+lemon+basil clafoutis



I was inspired by a clafoutis recipe because of its unusual basil "touch". The day I baked it I didn't have any basil leaves on hand, but I decided to go for it anyway.

strawberries+lemon+basil clafoutis
(adapted from Sigrid Verbert)

1 pound strawberries, washed and cut in halves
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour 
zest from 1 lemon
1 ts vanilla extract
5-6 basil leaves, finely chopped
+ table.etc: raw turbinado sugar (optional)

1. Whisk the eggs, milk, almond meal, flour, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. 
2. Place the strawberries on a buttered baking dish
3. Add basil leaves, stir, then pour the batter. 
4. table.etc: Sprinkle with raw turbinado sugar (if you'd like a crunchier top)
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 360F for about half an hour. 
6. Allow to cool completely before serving.

2 comments:

Cécile said...

Je me suis lancée ce soir avec l'aide de mon homme. J'espère que la mienne sera aussi réussie ;-)

anne said...

let me know