I was inspired by a clafoutis recipe because of its unusual basil "touch". The day I baked it I didn't have any basil leaves on hand, but I decided to go for it anyway.
(adapted from Sigrid Verbert)
1 pound strawberries, washed and cut in halves
1 cup milk
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
zest from 1 lemon
1 ts vanilla extract
5-6 basil leaves, finely chopped
+ table.etc: raw turbinado sugar (optional)
1. Whisk the eggs, milk, almond meal, flour, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
2. Place the strawberries on a buttered baking dish
3. Add basil leaves, stir, then pour the batter.
4. table.etc: Sprinkle with raw turbinado sugar (if you'd like a crunchier top)
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 360F for about half an hour.
6. Allow to cool completely before serving.