Delicious as is. Even more with the twist: add 1 shot of gin to your glass of lemonade.
meyer lemons + rosemary lemonade (w/ or w/o a twist)
(from sunset magazine - see the link here)
1 c (240ml) simple syrup *
4 c (960ml) water
a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary (Don’t go overboard with the rosemary, because it can quickly overpower the lemonade. It should give just the subtlest hint of rosemary to compliment the Meyer lemons.)
1. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, adding in a few freshly squeezed rinds of the Meyer lemons.
2. Stir to combine and serve over ice.
* Simple Syrup Recipe
2 c (480ml) water1 1/2 c (285g) sugar
1/2 c (170g) light corn syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir and bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 15-20 seconds then take off the heat.
4. Allow to cool then store in a sterile jar in the refrigerator.
- Variations possible by substituting palm sugar or agave nectar for some of the light corn syrup or by infusing ginger or mint into the syrup when boiling.
- Simple syrup keeps very well, usually for months if your storage jar is sterile before filling.
- Makes about 3 cups.