Lots of apples, a handful of "fruits and nuts", a hint of Grappa, and no fats. Coup de coeur! Recipe from the "apple cake project" of the blog il cavoletto di bruxelles. I love apples. I love cakes. So I love this project.
lots of apples in one cake
200 gr unbleached white flour
150 gr sugar
liqueur to taste 100gr (table etc.: 50 gr Grappa)
80 gr dried fruits/nuts (table etc.: almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts, raisins)
2 ts baking powder
1 lemon, juice and zest
1. Wash and slice the apples thinly, add the lemon juice and a tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
2. Prepare the batter with eggs, sugar, liquor, dried fruits/nuts, lemon zest; then, add the flour + baking powder.
3. Combine the apples to the mixture, mix well.
4. Coat a spring form (mine was 91/2 inches/23cm) with butter + flour and pour the mixture.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 360 degrees for about 60 minutes (table etc.: 45'). Check with a toothpick.