I have been growing some Italian zucchini in my backyard this year (a special type called trombetta). The zucchini are still too tiny to be eaten. However,... there are the flowers! Eat them raw, eat them baked, eat them fried, whatever you like, but EAT them! They are too good to let them go. And by the way, you don't have to grow zucchini to get flowers, you can buy them at the Farmer's market when they are in season (now).
fried zucchini flowers
+/- 6 zucchini flowers+/- 100 gr all-purpose flour
1/2 glass of sparkling water
extra virgin olive oil
1. Sift the flour in a small bowl, add the sparkling water, salt, and egg. Stir well to obtain a batter of the consistency of a pancake batter.
2. Cover with a cloth and let rest for half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, remove the stems and pistils from the flowers, then wash and dry them well with a paper towel.
4. Plunge the flowers into the batter.
5. Fry the flowers in hot extra virgin olive oil.6. Dry them on paper towel and serve immediately (they are crunchier when they are still warm)