If you like the combination almond + lemon, you'll love this cake. Delicious at tea time or even for breakfast. Its texture is very soft and spongy. Very close to the angel cake's. I've made this cake twice. The first try was disappointing because I used a baking pan that was too wide (9''). For the second try, I've used a 6''. Much better.
Almond Lemon Cake, adapted - and freely translated in English - from the blog Clea Cuisine
40g almond meal
80g brown cane sugar
60g white almond butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 lemons (zest and juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks.
3. Beat the yolks with the sugar until frothy.
4. Add the almond butter and the lemon juice, beating vigorously. Then add the flour, the baking powder, the almond meal, and the lemon zest.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and stir very gently into the mixture.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Check the doneness with a knife. Let cool completely on a rack.