5.17.2010

Linguine with Fava Beans, Goat Cheese, and Fresh Garlic

Initially, I wanted to try this recipe : pasta with cream of fava beans, feta, and wild garlic. But I ended up doing a slightly different one. First, because my fava beans were so tiny, I did not have enough to make a "cream" out of them. Secondly, I forgot to buy feta cheese. Third, I couldn't find wild garlic. So here is my version:

Linguine with Fava Beans, Goat Cheese, and Fresh Garlic

1 pound fava beans
2 tbs goat cheese
fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 pound whole wheat linguine
salt/pepper

1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil and salt lightly. Drop in the beans and cook until bright green, 1 or 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under sold water. Open the skin along the seam with your thumbnail and slip the beans out of their skins.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt lightly. Drop in the pasta and cook according to the package.
3. In the meanwhile, heat the oil in a small sauce pan and the chopped garlic. Then add the beans and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium -low heat until tender about 2-3 minutes, adding a little water to keep them moist.
4. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan + goat cheese + a little of cook water. Cook about 1 minute, tossing gently to coat the pasta.

No comments: