A good place to use the almond kale pesto that you just made, right? Any kind of filling works by the way. Great for picnic and lunch boxes.
(adapted from Clea - recipe in French)*
1/3 cup lukewarm milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp salt
3 tbs almond kale pesto (or whatever you'd like)
1 handful of almonds and pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm.
2. Stir in flour and oil. Knead.
3. Stir in salt and knead again. The dough should be smooth and homogeneous.
4. Cover with a cloth and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
5. After the dough has risen, roll it out on a floured board in a rectangle 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
6. Spread on the pesto over the entire surface.
7. Sprinkle on the almonds and pistachios.
8. Starting at one edge, roll up the dough fairly tight as you would a carpet. Cut the roll in sections about 2 inches thick, and place the sections flat on a greased baking sheet, leaving space around them to rise and spread out.
9. Let them rise for about 1h.
10. Brush with egg wash and bake at 360F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
* I followed the recipe but changed the shape