Not in a good mood today... It's pouring rain... It's cold... It's lunch time... Need something warm and comforting so that I won't end up eating the tempting banana bread my friend just gave me! Nothing in my fridge except 2 romaine lettuce hearts. Two romaine lettuce hearts I just said?
(recipe in French here)
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tbs olive oil
3/4 ts ground coriander
3/4 ts salt
1/4 ts freshly ground pepper
1 large potato (diced)
2 romaine lettuce hearts washed and coarsely chopped
750 mL water
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Add coriander, salt, and pepper and cook 1 more minute.
3. Add potato, lettuce, and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Mix and serve immediately (with some creme fraiche* and chopped cilantro if you like)
* for homemade creme fraiche, wait until the next post